- support for SceneTorrents, SoftMp3.org, KrayTracker, arenabg.com, MetalTorrents, TheMusik.org, WeLoveMusique, MetaCritic, Indietorrents and DeepBassNine
- a link to PureVolume
- probably preferences to enable/disable OiNKPlus on the supported sites and also certain features
- Better artist recognition on The Pirate Bay, Mininova and other trackers, that don't have a standardized torrent naming pattern
|What.cd with…||What.cd without…||Mininova with…||Mininova without…|
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
A new version of OinkPlus is available. This has some nice new features, including enhanced artist browsing, a search bar, new external links and a lot of under the hood improvements like caching, less ressource consumption and heavily improved privacy. The support for stmusic.org has been fixed (sorry guys for neglecting you for so long, I have been busy lately) and Libble.com as wells FunkyTorrents have been added to the gang of supported sites. See the changelog below for details.
Install the latest version here, as always make sure you have Greasemonkey installed and activated. Scroll down for information on this.
If you are new to OiNKPlus read this:
OiNKPlus was a popular extension to OiNK that even made it to the front page. That script made discovering new music, streaming samples and finding related artists easy as never before.
On the left a generic upload, on the right the same upload with OinkPlus installed:
Credit for the illustration goes to everyone enjoys it.
What does it do in detail?
- displays 25 similar artists (Last.fm)
- displays 5 tags (Last.fm)
- adds a short bio (Last.fm)
- adds 2 preview players (MySpace, Last.fm)
- adds links to external resources
What do you need to install it?
3 2007/11/11 Second beta, the HyDrA Release
- add: support for various sites including Waffles.fm, What.cd, Stmusic.org, Libble.com, ThePirateBay.org, Mininova.org and FunkyTorrents.com
- add: search bar to lookup artist with Oinkplus
- add: new browsing capabilities by navigating deep into similar artists (browsing history)
- add: new external links to Hypemachine, SeeqPod, RIAA Radar and Pandora - fix: avoid sending referer for flash content and artist logo
- add: anonym.to as a redirector on all external links (exception: the link to Amazon)
- fix: speed up by not loading unneccessary images and objects in fetched html,interpret code as plain text instead
- fix: remove script tags or embedded stuff in abstracts, less ressource consuming and better security
- fix: small toggle icons are now hard-coded base64 encoded data streams
- fix: abstracts now showing up again
- fix: don't show Oinkplus in Apps etc.
- fix: smaller bugfixes and code improvements
2 2007/06/03 Beta test ended, first stable version
-minor bugfixes, added display toggle
- added more external links
1 2007/04/25 Original version - beta